McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship Executive Director
James and Pamela Muzzy Chair in Entrepreneurship
Professor of Marketing
Professor of Sociology
Professor of Philosophy
Ph.D. in Business Administration with Marketing and Accounting Emphasis, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1975
Areas of Expertise
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing and Organizational Performance
Undergraduate: MTG 480 & 480H - Marketing Resarch for Entrepreneurs
Doctoral: MKTG 696a - Perspectives and Principles of Research Marketing
Honors Faculty Fellow
Complex Adaptive Systems
Innovation in Society
Publications and Working Papers
- Lusch, Robert F. and Satish Nambisan, "Service Innovation: A Service-Dominant (S-D) Logic Perspective," Management Information Systems Quarterly. Forthcoming in 2014 or 2015.
- Webster Jr. , Frederick E. and Robert F. Lusch, "Elevating Marketing: Marketing is Dead! Long live Marketing!," Journal of the Acadmey of Marketing Science 41, (2013): 389-399.
- Lusch, Robert F., James R. Brown, and Matthew O'Brien, "Protecting Relational Assets: A Pre and Post Field Study of a Horizontal Business Combination," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (2011), Volume 39, Issue 2: pp. 175-197.
- Lusch, Robert F. and Frederick Webster, "A Stakeholder-Unifying, Cocreation Philosophy for Marketing," Journal of Macromarketing (2011), Volume 31, June: pp. 129-134.
- Zacharia, Zach G., Nancy Nix, and Robert F. Lusch, "Capabilities that Enhance Outcomes of an Episodic Supply Chain Collaboration," Journal of Operations Management (2011), Volume 29, September: pp. 591-603.
- Lusch, Robert, Stephen Vargo, Mohan Tanniru, "Service, Value Networks and Learning,"Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (2010) Volume 38, Issue 1: pp. 15-31.
- Ying, Liu, Sudha Ram, Robert Lusch, Michael Brusco, "Multicriterion Market Segmentation: A New Model, Implementation, and Evaluation" Marketing Science(2010) Volume 29, Issue 5: pp. 880-894.
- Stephen L. Vargo and Robert F. Lusch, “Service-Dominant Logic: Continuing the Evolution,”Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 36(Spring 2008), 1-10.
- David Griffith and Robert F. Lusch (2007) "Why Do Marketers Accumulate Less Easily Transferable Capital?" Journal of Marketing.
- For additional papers see CV
- American Marketing Association
- Academy of Marketing Science
- AMA/Irwin/McGraw-Hill Distinguished Marketing Educator Award (2013)
- Sheth Foundation/AMA Journal of Marketing Award (2010)
- American Marketing Association IOSIG award (2009)
- Marketing Management Association, Innovative Contributions to Marketing Career Award (2006).
- American Marketing Association Harold H. Maynard Award for Most Significant Theoretical Contribution in Marketing (1996, 2004)
- Louis W. Stern Award, American Marketing Association (2002)
- University Distinguished Professorship, Texas Christian University (2000)
- American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Faculty (1979, 1987, 1988, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2009, 2010)
- Academy of Marketing Science Distinguished Marketing Educator Award (1997)
- George Lynn Cross Research Professorship, University of Oklahoma (1996)
- Helen Robson Walton Chair in Marketing, University of Oklahoma (1992)
- Honored Inductee, Beta Gamma Sigma (1988)
- Lybrands Bronze Medal, National Association of Accountants (1979)
- American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow (1973)