Areas of Expertise
- Experiential consumption (aesthetic design, food)
- Relationships (trust in social exchange, brand relationships)
- Accuracy of survey responses / data triangulation
- Advisory Panel Member (2012-2014), Society for Consumer Psychology
- Special Issue Editor (2012-2013), Frontiers in Psychology
- Founding Editor (2007-2010), Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology, and Economics
- Cerebral Cortex
- Cognition and Emotion
- Human Brain Mapping
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- Journal of Behavioral Decision Making
- Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Journal of Consumer Psychology
- Journal of Consumer Research
- Journal of International Marketing
- Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology, and Economics
- Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Marketing Letters
- Nature Neuroscience
- Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews
Conference Program Committee:
- Association for Consumer Research Annual Conference
- NeuroPsychoEconomics Conference
- Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conferences
- American Marketing Association Summer/Winter Conferences
- Association for Consumer Research Annual Conferences
Reimann, Martin, Deborah MacInnis, and Antoine Bechara, "Substituting food with modest non-food incentives decreases portion size choice, " Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, in press.
Schaefer, Michael, Franziska Rumpel, Abdolkarim Sadrieh, Martin Reimann, and Claudia Denke (2015), “Personal involvement is related to increased search motivation and associated with activity in left BA44,” Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, forthcoming.
Reimann, Martin, Gergana Y. Nenkov, Deborah MacInnis, and Maureen Morrin (2014), “The role of hope in financial risk seeking,” Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 20 (4), 349-364.
Schilke, Oliver, Martin Reimann, and Karen S. Cook (2013), “Effect of relationship experience on trust recovery following a breach,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110 (38), 15236-15241.
Marin, Alex, Martin Reimann, and Raquel Castaño, (2013), “Metaphors and creativity: Direct, moderating, and mediating effects,” Journal of Consumer Psychology (Special Issue), 24 (2), 290-297.
Homburg, Christian, Martin Klarmann, Martin Reimann, and Oliver Schilke*, (2012), “What drives key informant accuracy?,” Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (4), 594-608. *Authors are listed in alphabetical order.
Reimann, Martin, Raquel Castaño, Judith L. Zaichkowsky, and Antoine Bechara (2012), “How we relate to brands: Psychological and neurophysiological insights into consumer-brand relationships,” Journal of Consumer Psychology (Special Issue), 22 (1), 128-142.
Reimann, Martin, Oliver Schilke, Bernd Weber, Carolin Neuhaus, and Judith L. Zaichkowsky (2011), “Functional magnetic resonance imaging in consumer research: A review and application,” Psychology & Marketing, 28 (6), 608-637.
Reimann, Martin, Oliver Schilke, and Jacquelyn Thomas (2010), “Customer relationship management and firm performance: The mediating role of business strategy,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 38 (3), 326-346.
Reimann, Martin, Judith L. Zaichkowsky, Carolin Neuhaus, Thomas Bender, and Bernd Weber, 2010, “Aesthetic package design: A behavioral, neural, and psychological investigation,” Journal of Consumer Psychology (Special Issue), 20 (4), 431-441.
- Honored with the Park Award for the Best Article appearing in Vol. 20 (2010) of the Journal of Psychology
- Selected as Best Article for the Year 2010 for the Special Virtual Issue “Celebrating 20 Years” of the Journal of Consumer Psychology
- Honored with the JCP/Park Young Contributor Award by the Society for Consumer Psychology
Reimann, Martin, Oliver Schilke, and Jacquelyn Thomas, 2010, “Toward an understanding of industry commoditization: Its nature and role in marketing competition,” International Journal of Research in Marketing (Special Issue), 27 (2), 188-197.
Awards and Honors
- Consumer Behavior Rising Star Award (2013), American Marketing Association
- JCP/Park Young Contributor Award (2011), Society of Consumer Psychology
- M. Wayne Delozier Award (2011), Academy of Marketing Science
- William R. Darden Award (2008), Academy of Marketing Science