Areas of Expertise
- Consumer psychology
- Consumer information behavior
- Psychology of Information Behavior
- Social Influences of Information
- Online and Digital Information (e.g., Fake News)
- Self-brand Relationships
- Consumer Well-being
Kristen is most interested in questions concerning consumer information behavior. Her main area of research focuses on consumer responses to threatening information in increasingly dynamic information environments. She has presented her work at academic conferences in Europe and North America, including the American Psychological Association (APA), the Association for Consumer Research (ACR), and the Brands and Brand Relationships conferences, and at symposiums including the Yale Whitebox Advisors Graduate Student Conference and the Robert Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium. Prior to the Ph.D. program Kristen worked as the Marketing Director for a local Tucson fashion atelier. During this time, she served as the Agency Director of the 2015 National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC) Team and helped to found the Eller College of Management Green Team (Zero Waste Initiative).
Reimann, Martin and Kristen Lane (2017), “Can a toy encourage lower calorie meal bundle selection in children? A field experiment on the reinforcing effects of toys on food choice,” PLOS ONE, 12 (1), e0169638.
Selected Current Projects
Lane, Kristen*, Jennifer Savary, and Jesper Nielsen. When Ignorance is No Longer Bliss: Seeking Threatening Information about Identity-Relevant Brands. Data collection in progress.
Conference & Symposium Presentations
(2018, May) Brands and Brand Relationships Conference. Member of Conference Organizer Team. Boston, MA.
(2018, April) The 14th Annual Yale Whitebox Advisors Graduate Student Conference. New Haven, CT.
(2018, April) Eller College Doctoral Student Research Workshop. Tucson, AZ.
(2018, March) The 27th Annual Robert Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium. Lincoln, NE.
(2017, October) Association for Consumer Research Conference, Special Session: On the Unique Effects of Self-Connected Brands. Co-chair with Dr. Jennifer Savary. San Diego, CA.
(2016, August) Paper and poster presented at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention (APA Division 23 and 54). Denver, Colorado.
(2016, October). Paper presented at the Association of Consumer Research Conference, Special Session: Contemporary Issues in Healthier Food Choice. Berlin, Germany.
Honors & Awards:
- Selected for the Yale Whitebox Advisors Graduate Student Conference 2018 New Haven, CT
- Selected Representative: Eller College Doctoral Student 2018 Research Workshop, Tucson, AZ
- Selected representative: 35th Annual University of Houston Doctoral Symposium (2017)
- Selected Representative: 35th Annual University of Houston Doctoral Symposium (2017)
- Selected Attendee: Women in Marketing Academy Annual Conference, New York City (2016)
- Acceptance into the professional organization Beta Gamma Sigma (2015)
- Thinking Forward Award: Leadership in Innovation in Marketing (2015)
- Pillars of Excellence (in Scholarship, Service and Research) Honors College Award (2014)
- Kissling “Spirit of Inquiry” Award (2014)
- McCord Honors Business Scholarship (2013)