AMA Case Competition
The Collegiate Chapters Council of the American Marketing Association (AMA) runs an annual International Collegiate Case Competition. The Case Competition is open to undergraduate students that are in good standing with The University of Arizona. The AMA Collegiate Case Competition is a yearlong event that brings together top students to work on a marketing challenge submitted by a sponsoring organization. The Case sponsor provides a detailed marketing problem for which it is looking to gain the perspective of AMA’s best students, who will compete by developing a marketing strategy in a nationally recognized competition.
The purpose of the Case Competition is two-fold:
1) To provide AMA Collegiate members the opportunity to work together on a problem that typifies a real, working marketing situation.
2) To provide the Case Competition sponsor direct contact with the very best marketing students with possible real world solutions to their marketing problem.
How it works:
- Interested students do not need to be marketing students, however each student that chooses to participate in the case competition needs to become an AMA member. See how to HERE.
- Students participating in the case competition will be enrolled in a three credit course during their fall semester and meet twice a week to work on the competition and learning the fundamentals of creating a marketing campaign.
- The case team will find out in late August or early September who that years sponsor will be and receive a Case Brief explaining what the sponsor is looking for.
- The case team is required to submit a fully detailed report in December to be considered for the competition.
- The case team will find out in January if they have been invited to present their ideas at the Annual AMA Conference in New Orleans, LA.
- If the case team makes it to the final they will spend the spring semester preparing to present in New Orleans, LA in March.
Here is a look at some previous sponsors over the past years:
If you are interested in participating in the 2017-2018 Case Competition please fill out the form below. Someone will contact you within 7-10 business days.