Professor of Marketing
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota (Marketing), 1998
- B.Eng., University of Bombay (Mechanical Engineering), 1988
MKTG 471 - Marketing Policies and Operations
MKTG 440 - Marketing Research
MKTG 555 - Marketing Strategy
MKTG 696 - Inter-Organizational Relationships
- Inter-Organizational Relationships
- Product Form Choice
- Sales Force Design and Compensation
- Technology Marketing in Entrepreneurial Ventures
- “Governance Value Analysis and Marketing Strategy,” Mrinal Ghosh and George John, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 63 (Special Issue 1999), 131-145.
- “Pricing Formats for Branded Components in Industrial Markets: An Integration of Transaction Cost Economics and the Resource-Based View,” Desmond Lo, Kellilynn M. Frias, and Mrinal Ghosh, forthcoming (2011), Organization Science.
- “Transaction Costs, Opportunism, and Governance: Contextual Considerations,” Aric Rindfleisch, Kersi Antia, Janet Bercowitz, James Brown, Joseph Cannon, Stephen Carson, Mrinal Ghosh, Susan Helper, Diana Robertson, and Kenneth Wathne, Marketing Letters, 2010, Vol. 21, No. 3 (September), 211-222.
- “Contract Specificity and its Performance Implications,” Erik Mooi and Mrinal Ghosh, Journal of Marketing, 2010, Vol. 74 (March), 105-120.
- “When Should Original Equipment Manufacturers Use Branded Component Contracts with Suppliers?” Mrinal Ghosh and George John, Journal of Marketing Research, 2009, Vol. 41 (October), 597-611.
- Customizing Complex Products: When Should the Vendor Take Control?” Mrinal Ghosh, Shantanu Dutta, and Stefan Stremersch, Journal of Marketing Research, 2006, Vol. 38 (November), 664-679.
- “Strategic Fit in Industrial Alliances: An Empirical Test of Governance Value Analysis,” Mrinal Ghosh and George John, Journal of Marketing Research, 2005, Vol. 37 (August), 346-357.
Sales Force Compensation Design
- “The Incentive and Selection Roles of Sales Force Compensation Contracts,” Desmond Lo, Mrinal Ghosh, and Francine Lafontaine, forthcoming (August 2011), Journal of Marketing Research.
- “Experimental Evidence for Agency Models of Salesforce Compensation,” Mrinal Ghosh and George John, Marketing Science, 2000, Vol. 19, No. 4, 348-365.
Pricing and Price Rigidity
- “Durability Versus Concentration as an Explanation for Price Inflexibility,” Elizabeth M. Caucutt, Mrinal Ghosh, and Christina M. L. Kelton, Review of Industrial Organization, January 1999, Vol. 14, 27-50.
- “Robustness of the Relationship Between Price Variability and Inflation for United States Manufacturing,” Elizabeth M. Caucutt, Mrinal Ghosh, and Christina M. L. Kelton, Applied Economics, 1998, Vol. 30, 513-519.
- “Pricing Behavior in United States Manufacturing Industries: A Statistical Study using Disaggregated Data,” Elizabeth M. Caucutt, Mrinal Ghosh, and Christina M. L. Kelton, Review of Industrial Organization, December 1994, Vol. 9, 745-772.
- “Governance Value Analysis: When Porter Meets Williamson,” Mrinal Ghosh and George John, in ISBM B2B Handbook, Gary Lilien and Rajdeep Grewal (Eds.), 2011.
- “Product Distribution Choices in China: A Transaction Cost Perspective,” Louisa Ha, Mrinal Ghosh, Rajeev Batra, and Jie Zhang, in Marketing Issues in Transitional Economies, Rajeev Batra (Ed.), Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishing, 1999.
- “A Governance-Based Perspective on Bundling Equipment Sales and Technical Consulting Services in Industrial Markets” (with Tirthankar Roy and Sourav Ray).
- “Pricing Formats as Governance Devices: The Role of Leasing in Complex Industrial Markets,” (Mrinal Ghosh).
- “Restricted Rights in Technology License Contracts: An Investigation in International Markets,” (with Chae Un Lim and George John).
- “Tackling Endogeneity in Marketing Strategy and Inter-Organizational Research: A Critical Review,” (with Jon B. Sande).
- “Product Form Choice: Selling Systems versus Components in Industrial Markets,” (with Shantanu Dutta and Kellilynn M. Frias).
- “A Theory of Quantity Commitment and Quantity Discounts in Marketing Channels,” (with Desmond Lo and Stephen Salant).
- “Customer Addressability Advantage as a Strategic Asset,” (with Tirthankar Roy).
- “Product-Form Strategies in High-Technology Entrepreneurial Markets,” (with Kellilynn M. Frias and Robert Lusch).
Sales Force Design
- “Delegation and Pay-for-Performance: Evidence from Industrial Sales,” (with Francine Lafontaine and Desmond Lo).
- American Marketing Association
- INFORMS College of Marketing
- International Society of New Institutional Economics